Our research study, “Communities, Households and SARS-CoV-2 Epidemiology (CHASING) COVID,” is designed to help contribute to our understanding of this pandemic, how it is affecting households across America, how it is spreading, and whether our efforts to slow the spread are working. It is being conducted by researchers at the City University of New York Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health (CUNY ISPH) to understand more about the spread of novel Coronavirus and to inform and evaluate the national response.
Who is running the study?
This study is led by infectious disease epidemiologists and other researchers at the CUNY Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health and the CUNY School of Public Health.
View details of the project and study team here.
Recent Study Updates
- Recent SARS-CoV-2 seroconversion
- Information and misinformation about COVID-19
- Anxiety and its associated factors among adults in the U.S. during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Household risk factors for severe COVID-19 disease
- COVID-19 Vaccine Intentions
Click here to join a mailing list for study updates.
Publications, including preprints
- “Recent SARS-CoV-2 seroconversion in a national, community-based prospective cohort of U.S. adults.” Denis Nash, Madhura Rane, Mindy Chang, Sarah Gorrell Kulkarni, Rebecca Zimba, William You, Amanda Berry, Chloe Mirzayi, Shivani Kochhar, Andrew Maroko, McKaylee M. Robertson, Drew Westmoreland, Angela Parcesepe, Levi Waldron, Christian Grov. [Preprint] medRxiv 2021. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.02.12.21251659
- “Household factors and the risk of severe COVID-like illness early in the US pandemic.” Denis Nash, Saba Qasmieh, McKaylee Robertson, Madhura Rane, Rebecca Zimba, Sarah Kulkarni, Amanda Berry, William You, Chloe Mirzayi, Drew Westmoreland, Angela Parcesepe, Levi Waldron, Shivani Kochhar, Andrew R Maroko, Christian Grov, for the CHASING COVID Cohort Study Team. [Preprint] medRxiv 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.12.03.20243683
- “Patterns of SARS-CoV-2 testing preferences in a national cohort in the United States.” Matthew L. Romo, Rebecca Zimba, Sarah Kulkarni, Amanda Berry, William You, Chloe Mirzayi, Drew Westmoreland, Angela M. Parcesepe, Levi Waldron, Madhura Rane, Shivani Kochhar, McKaylee Robertson, Andrew R. Maroko, Christian Grov, Denis Nash, for the CHASING COVID Cohort Study Team. [Preprint] medRxiv 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.12.22.20248747
- “SARS-CoV-2 Testing Service Preferences of Adults in the United States: Discrete Choice Experiment.” Rebecca Zimba, Sarah Kulkarni, Amanda Berry, William You, Chloe Mirzayi, Drew Westmoreland, Angela Parcesepe, Levi Waldron, Madhura Rane, Shivani Kochhar, McKaylee Robertson, Andrew Maroko, Christian Grov, Denis Nash. JMIR Public Health and Surveillance. 2020 Dec 31; 6(4):e25546. doi: 10.2196/25546.
- “The relationship between anxiety, health, and potential stressors among adults in the United States during the COVID-19 pandemic.” Angela M Parcesepe, McKaylee Robertson, Amanda Berry, Andrew Maroko, Rebecca Zimba, Christian Grov, Drew Westmoreland, Sarah Kulkarni, Madhura Rane, William Salgado-You, Chloe Mirzayi, Levi Waldron, Denis Nash. [Preprint] medRxiv 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.10.30.20221440
- “A national prospective cohort study of SARS-COV2 pandemic outcomes in the U.S.: The CHASING COVID Cohort,” McKaylee Robertson, Sarah Kulkarni, Amanda Berry, Chloe Mirzayi, Andrew R Maroko, Rebecca Zimba, Drew Westmoreland, Christian Grov, Angela Parcesepe, Levi Waldron, Denis Nash, [Preprint] medRxiv 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.04.28.20080630
Study Materials and Resources
- Baseline survey questions | March- April, 2020
- Follow-up 1 survey questions | April – July, 2020
- Follow-up 2 survey questions | July – September, 2020
- Follow-up 3 survey questions | October – November, 2020
- Follow-up 4 survey questions | November, 2020
- Follow-up 5 survey questions | December, 2020
- Follow-up 6 survey questions | February, 2020
- Follow-up 6.1 survey questions | March – April, 2020
- Specimen collection tips
- Specimen collection demo video
- Parent study survey questions
- COVID-19 Factsheets in English and Spanish
- Questions? Please email us at [email protected]