Our research study, “Communities, Households and SARS/COV-2 Epidemiology (CHASING) COVID,” is designed to help contribute to our understanding of this pandemic, how it is affecting households across America, how it is spreading, and whether our efforts to slow the spread are working. It is being conducted by researchers at the City University of New York Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health (CUNY ISPH) to understand more about the spread of novel Coronavirus and to inform and evaluate the national response.
Who is running the study?
This study is led by infectious disease epidemiologists and other researchers at the CUNY Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health and the CUNY School of Public Health.
View details of the project and study team here.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Intentions
- Preliminary findings from CHASING COVID Cohort study on SARS-CoV-2 testing preferences
- Introducing the CHASING COVID Cohort Study
- CHASING COVID Cohort Study in the News
Click here to join a mailing list for study updates.
Publications, including preprints
- “The relationship between anxiety, health, and potential stressors among adults in the United States during the COVID-19 pandemic.” Angela M Parcesepe, McKaylee Robertson, Amanda Berry, Andrew Maroko, Rebecca Zimba, Christian Grov, Drew Westmoreland, Sarah Kulkarni, Madhura Rane, William Salgado-You, Chloe Mirzayi, Levi Waldron, Denis Nash. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.10.30.20221440
- “Testing, Testing: What SARS-CoV-2 testing services do adults in the United States actually want?” Rebecca Zimba, Sarah Kulkarni, Amanda Berry, William You, Chloe Mirzayi, Drew Westmoreland, Angela Parcesepe, Levi Waldron, Madhura Rane, Shivani Kochhar, McKaylee Robertson, Andrew R Maroko, Christian Grov, Denis Nash, for the CHASING COVID Cohort Study Team. [Preprint] medRxiv 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.09.15.20195180
- “A national prospective cohort study of SARS/COV2 pandemic outcomes in the U.S.: The CHASING COVID Cohort,” McKaylee Robertson, Sarah Kulkarni, Amanda Berry, Chloe Mirzayi, Andrew R Maroko, Rebecca Zimba, Drew Westmoreland, Christian Grov, Angela Parcesepe, Levi Waldron, Denis Nash, [Preprint] medRxiv 2020 doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.04.28.20080630
Study Materials and Resources
- Baseline survey questions
- Follow-up 1 survey questions
- Follow-up 2 survey questions
- Follow-up 3 survey questions
- Follow-up 4 survey questions
- Specimen collection tips
- Specimen collection demo video
- Parent study survey questions
- COVID-19 Factsheets in English and Spanish
- Questions? Please email us at [email protected]