The CUNY ISPH is recruiting for a part-time research assistant (up to 19 hours/week, with some schedule flexibility). The primary focus of the work is to support data cleaning for the CHASING COVID Cohort , a longitudinal cohort of over 6,000 participants. The study has already completed five survey rounds and collected antibody specimens (self-collected) among all participants.
- Review SAS or R program for errors
- Adapt SAS or R program for quality assessment, data review, and data cleaning
- Review and process written responses for recoding and analysis
- Running frequencies and preparing tables
- Checking tables prior to distribution
- Investigating response issues
- Test surveys
- Monitor data during data collection
- MPH (in progress is fine) in Biostatistics / Epidemiology
- Experience working in SAS and R
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute tasks independently
- Attention to detail and an eye for identifying issues.
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume. The cover letter should specifically describe detailed prior data management experience.
The CUNY Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health (ISPH)was founded on the notion that substantial improvements in population health can be efficiently achieved through better implementation of existing strategies, policies, and interventions across multiple sectors. The ISPH leadscutting-edge research across a range of topics, including health disparities, COVID, HIV, substance use, and mental health. We utilize innovative methods, including large online national cohorts, discrete choice experiments, quasi-experimental methods, visualization dashboards, and cluster RCT / hybrid trials.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, E-VERIFY EMPLOYER.