The CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy (SPH) has a rapidly growing research portfolio, and is recruiting for multiple part-time research assistants (10 hours per week), whose work will involve data collection, entry, and analysis, community engagement, and community partner outreach and support. This work will be part of mixed methods project to build community-based organizations’ capacity to foster health literacy in their New York City communities.
The position start date is January 24th 2022 (or mutually agreed upon) and is expected to span an 18-month timeframe. Further extension is dependent on funding availability, performance and research interests aligned with SPH. This can be a partially remote position. The candidate must be based in the metro NYC area and available to come into the field during data collection or as needed.
- Interview community members and community-based organization personnel
- Administer surveys to community members and community-based organizations personnel
- Data entry, data cleaning, and data coding
- Update data collection dashboards
- Contribute to preliminary data analyses
- Participate in community engagement activities
- Other project-related tasks assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree (or advanced undergraduate student with research experience), Master’s degree (or in progress) in epidemiology, community health, psychology, or similar.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience (or coursework) conducting community-based research
- Excellent communication and organization skills
About the CUNY SPH: The mission of The CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy is to provide a collaborative and accessible environment for excellence in education, research, and service in public health, to promote and sustain healthier populations in New York City and around the world, and to shape policy and practice in public health for all.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, E-VERIFY EMPLOYER.