We are looking for a bilingual (English & Spanish) Research Assistant to help with management and communication for a number of research projects in Latin America, Africa and the USA.
Duties may include:
- Facilitating communication and training among networks of doctors and researchers in Latin America conducting a number of research studies on seizure disorders, including neurocysticercosis
- Facilitating translation and communication among Spanish speaking participants of a study on the health or restaurant workers in New York City during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Working on grant proposal development with the Latin American teams as well as collaborators in Africa with a focus on infectious diseases (neurocysticercosis, HIV, STIs, COVID-19).
- Data analysis and manuscript writing opportunities may also be available if there is interest.
Qualifications. We are looking for an individual who:
- Is interested in International Epidemiologic Research
- Is fluent in Spanish and English
- Has excellent writing skills
- Having intermediate data analysis skills is preferred (i.e. Epi 1/Bios 1 completed)
Schedule & Compensation
- The job is for 10 hours/week on average with flexibility available to accommodate academic schedules (i.e. students can work fewer hours when assignments are due and make the hours-up later)
- The regular work schedule can be during or outside of regular work hours (i.e. after 5pm on weekdays and on weekends) but some flexibility may be needed to attend meetings which are sometimes held between 9-5 and sometimes before 9am or after 5pm to accommodate the work schedules and time differences of international colleagues
- Individual could choose to work from home or at the CUNY SPH.
- Salary is $25/hour