Location: New York
Position Type: Full Time
The CUNY ISPH is a leading research institution dedicated to advancing the understanding of COVID-19 and understanding the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Project Coordinator to join our team to launch a new COVID-19 and respiratory disease cohort. This position offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
As a Project Coordinator for our new research study, you will play a crucial role in the successful execution of the project. Your responsibilities will include:
1. Recruitment and Participant Engagement:
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting and retaining 6,000 study participants recruited online from across the United States.
- Create compelling recruitment and engagement materials and messages tailored to elicit prompt completion of study tasks.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with participants, addressing any concerns or questions promptly.
- Distribute and track incentive distribution to participants, maintaining accurate and transparent records for audit purposes
2. Study Coordination:
- Coordinate online study activities, including scheduling, reminders, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Manage the distribution and collection of mailed-in specimens, ensuring proper storage and tracking, and interfacing with our lab partner
- Collaborate with the research team to ensure smooth operations and data integrity, communicate timely and openly.
3. Communication and Collaboration:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for study participants, providing support and guidance.
- Collaborate with research investigators, research assistants, and other team members to ensure the project’s success.
- Communicate regularly with participants via phone, email, and other channels to build rapport and address questions or concerns.
- Collaborate with external partners and vendors to design processes that serves study objectives.
4. Compliance and Ethics:
- Ensure that all study activities adhere to ethical guidelines and research protocols.
5. Data Management:
- Maintain an organized database of participant information and study data.
- Monitor and report on participant progress and engagement.
- Utilize data systems and tools to track and troubleshoot reported issues
- Develop accurate and clear documentation for issue resolution and implement best practices for archiving information
Visa sponsorship is available to candidates who are already physically located within the United States. Remote work is possible, but candidate should be able to travel to NYC frequently.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., public health, life sciences, social sciences).
- Must have at least 2 years prior experience in project coordination or research support. Experience with longitudinal cohort research is a plus.
- Independent thinker and self starter.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, expertise in Excel, and familiarity with data management tools.
- Knowledge of and experience with ethical considerations in human research.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about contributing to vital COVID-19 research and meet the qualifications for this role, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are the right fit for this position.