Lead Regional Coordinator

Full Time
Posted 4 weeks ago


Full-time, salaried
Based in Albany
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000 depending on experience

General Description

The CUNY Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health (ISPH) is recruiting for a Lead Regional Coordinator for a 5-year NIH-funded randomized controlled trial (RCT) of a socialization and sex education program among individuals with mild to moderate developmental disabilities, under the direction of co-Principal Investigators Suzanne McDermott and Heidi Jones, faculty at the CUNY School of Public Health. 

The randomized controlled trial (RCT) will test a socialization and sex education curriculum among 856 adolescents and young adults (ages 16-27) with Down syndrome and other types of mild/moderate intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) who receive services in four of the five Developmental Disabilities Regional districts of the New York State Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). Half of the participants will be randomized to receive a socialization and sex education curriculum, and the other half a physical exercise and nutrition intervention. The interventions will be 6-weeks and there will be questionnaires administered at numerous points before and after the interventions.

This position combines some training and supervision of 3 Regional Coordinators (20%) while maintaining a caseload for study participants in Region 3. The Region 3 Regional Coordinator role will take up most of the effort (80%). The remaining 20% will be providing supervision of the three other Regional Coordinators (in Regions 2,4,5). The start date is March 1, 2023 (or mutually agreed upon alternative).

Position Description

The Lead Regional Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the trial within Region 3 and for providing oversight and supervision of the Regional Coordinators in Regions 2, 4 and 5. The Lead Regional Coordinator will be supervised by the Co-Principal Investigators, through weekly in-person and/or remote meetings.

Lead Regional Coordinator management job duties include:

  • Work closely with the Co-PIs and the three other Regional Coordinators to track study activities and organize training sessions
  • Communicate with the other Regional Coordinators and Lived Experience Consultants, including individual meetings and group in person and remote meetings
  • Complete progress reports
  • Purchase and maintain supplies and distribute manuals in collaboration with Project Manager

Regional Coordination duties include:

  • Recruitment of study participants through service providers in Region 3
  • Attendance at Service Provider meetings to encourage recruitment
  • Coordinate intervention and data collection by scheduling appointments, maintaining accurate visit completion records, and data entry
  • Administration of informed consent/assent to Region 3 participants
  • After receiving training on the interventions, implement the 6-week individual socialization and sex education curriculum (largely in people’s homes) and the 6-week group physical and nutrition intervention in community meeting places (based on randomization scheme
  • Administering surveys before and after the intervention to all participants


  • At least two years of fieldwork experience with adolescents or adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD)
  • At least a bachelor’s degree (BA or BS)
  • Ability to travel across the region to provide the intervention in people’s homes or in community settings
  • Evidence of supervision and/or collaboration with colleagues

About the CUNY SPH: The mission of The CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy is to provide a collaborative and accessible environment for excellence in education, research, and service in public health, to promote and sustain healthier populations in New York City and around the world, and to shape policy and practice in public health for all.


Apply Online

A valid email address is required.
A valid phone number is required.