The mission of The CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy is to provide a collaborative and accessible environment for excellence in education, research, and service in public health, to promote and sustain healthier populations in New York City and around the world, and to shape policy and practice in public health for all.
The CUNY Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health (ISPH) was founded on the notion that substantial improvements in population health can be efficiently achieved through better implementation of existing strategies, policies, and interventions across multiple sectors. With that in mind, we study how to translate and scale-up evidence-based interventions and policies within clinical and community settings in order to improve population health and reduce health disparities. The ISPH leads cutting-edge research across a range of topics, including health disparities, COVID, HIV, substance use, and mental health. We utilize innovative methods, including large online national cohorts, discrete choice experiments, quasi-experimental methods, visualization dashboards, and cluster RCT / hybrid trials.
The CUNY ISPH is recruiting for a full-time Data Manager. The primary focus of the work is to support and advance our ongoing COVID research work (the CHASING COVID Cohort), both on the operations and analysis support. The study launched in May 2020 and we are conducting monthly follow-up surveys and mailing self-collected specimen kits for antibody testing to all 6,000 participants. There are substantial opportunities for publication and additional research opportunities. The ideal start date is July 1 or sooner with a one year hire commitment after a probationary period. Further extension is dependent on funding availability and performance.
- Work with Database Manager to identify issues related to participant recruitment (e.g. surveys not completed)
- Produce reports for Study Coordinator on task completion and areas for follow-up
- Work with the operations team to think through issues and develop systems and procedures to resolve and avoid going forward
- Manage the interaction between data environments (e.g Qualtrics, Access, SAS)
- Create and maintain datasets with accompanying data dictionaries
- Create and maintain a crosswalk of datasets
- Ensure that there is a system for dataset generation and maintenance
- Clean variables and document usage practices
- Conduct analyses and populate table shells
- Write methods and results sections of manuscripts and contribute other sections as interested
- PhD or MPH preferred or in progress
- Prior experience with data management
- Pro-active thinker
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute tasks independently
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Team player (sense of humor is a plus)
- Experience with longitudinal data management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access
- Ability to review and write code in SAS (fine to primarily code in R but the team uses SAS and you must be able to operate with SAS)
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume, either through this website, by filling out the fields below, or by emailing [email protected]. The cover letter should specifically describe detailed prior data management experience.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, E-VERIFY EMPLOYER.