CUNY Institute for Implementation Science and Population Health
HIV Prevention study with Men who Have Sex with Men
The CUNY Institute for Implementation Science and Population Health (ISPH) is hiring a full-time Research Assistant (RA) with experience in the areas of HIV Prevention with Men who have sex with men. This new study will be enrolling a US national sample of HIV-negative gay and bisexual men, all of whom complete at-home HIV testing and are followed longitudinally. This study is being led by Dr. Christian Grov.
Position Description: Seeking a full-time (preferred) or part-time RA. The Research Assistant will be will be working on a large US national study of gay and bisexual men who are enrolled via electronic recruitment methods and who complete at-home self-administered HIV testing as well as at-home online surveys. RAs perform simple to moderately complex research and analytic activities as part of a research team or working individually, that is, the work occurs under various degrees of supervision.
• BA/BS in social or behavioral sciences or public health required;
• 1 year research assistant experience in closely applicable research.
• Assist in gathering of information for research and reports;
• Conduct interviews & assessments of research participants/subjects (performs tasks related to qualitative and quantitative data collection);
• Follow study protocols and accurately document research findings for gathering qualitative and quantitative data;
• Keep accurate, well-organized records;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time;
• Coding data, as well as data entry;
• Maintain confidentiality as required by the project or as directed by supervisors;
• Assist other research staff in coordinating projects;
• Assist in literature reviews for papers or presentations;
• Assist in training new employees in routine processes and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Fundamental understanding of research methodology, design, and measures;
• Background in HIV/AIDS research, LGBT Health, and alcohol/drug use issues;
• Ability to use SPSS;
• Strong communication (written, oral) skills, friendly demeanor, and ability to communicate with research staff and research participants;
• Familiarity with Qualtrics and Access Database management
• Bilingual applicants (Spanish and English) strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Full-time employees have access to range of benefits including health, vision, dental, retirement, paid sick leave and paid vacation. Part-time employees accrue benefits including paid sick leave and vacation.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying to this posting. Click here to apply. CUNY is an equal opportunity employer.